Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Gah!

I know, once again I'm failing on the regular updates and I'm sorry!  Last week I made a lot of stuff that for various reasons can't be shown on here and that makes for a very uninteresting post I'm afraid.

However, since Saturday I have been working on a slightly more unusual (for me anyway) project.  I've made a banner!  This is to take to Winter in the Willows Larp at the weekend.

Please excuse the messiness of my house...

 W.I.T.S (whiskers Independent Trading Syndicate)  is the name of our faction and 'Things Done' is our tag/slogan/motto. The red writing is fake silk appliqued on which was a relatively simple job.  The gold writing it thickish cord appliqued on which was a horrible job because despite my best pinning efforts it slid all over the shop!

Caravans are a little beyond my artistic skill...

The picture is a mix of velvet, taffeta, cotton, lining fabric and wadding to give an interesting mix of texture.  Sadly this doesn't show up to well in the picture.

I just think the rabbits are cute!




I'll apologise now, because the likelihood of another post this week is slim to none.  I'll try and do a few extra next week, to make up for it!

Tuesday, 19 October 2010

More hair ties...

Due to not feeling well, deciding that the house really did need cleaning and so on, I haven't done that much sewing over the past few days.  I have made some armour padding, but it's not that interesting, so I probably won't put it on here unless you all tell me you desperately want to see it...

However,  yesterday afternoon I decided to use up some of my many, many scraps by making hair scrunchies.

This matches my spotty apron!
  
I love scrunchies and I can never seem to find ones big enough to hold all my hair.

Thinking about it, this also matches an apron I own...

I still have loads of elastic left, and as scrunchies only take half an hour from start to hand stitched finished I think I might try and make a few more this week...

This one doesn't match an apron, phew!

I've also been working on my pay it forward gifts, which I can't post yet, and a steam punk bustle skirt, which I will post pictures of, as soon as I am done.

Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Deviant Flower Thingies

Just for Caroline!

Please excuse the poor photography!
So these are pretty much the only things I've knitted to date.  I'm new to knitting (for the third or fourth time in my life) and not really sure of what I'm doing!

This one is lovely and soft!




That said, I like my funky new hairbands, they are a great opportunity for practise and to give me confidence to try more complicated stuff!


This is the first one I made!
This is a little random I know, but I'm in a fairly silly mood!  Possibly a more normal update tomorrow...

Tuesday, 12 October 2010

I did it!

A new coat!

So my mad quest is all finished and I made everything!  I also found time to make something for me!  I'll post the pictures of the other kit at some later point (when I have them...) but in the meantime...

 So this is my new coat for my new character.  Made of fleece, 'cos fleece is lovely and snuggly!


The green stuff is a coil of rope that is attached to my belt

It's a sleeveless robe with a cape over the top and a hood.  The cape part is so I can still fight and hold my shield.

So warm!
And a snuggly hood to keep the rain off!  I can't wait to wear it!

I'm having a week off kit sewing, what shall I make?  Any suggestions?  I'd like something frivolous I think!

Thursday, 7 October 2010

Progress

Well, my quest to sew a ridiculous number of garments in a very short time seems to be going ok.

I finished the skirt yesterday, and the trousers just now.  Only the waistcoat to go now!  Oh and my kit...

Here's the skirt!

 This is a three tiered skirt with each tier edged with broderie anglaise.  The fabric is an embroidered poly-cotton.


Here's a close up of the fabric and trim
 Each tier was gathered and attached tot he waistband in layers.  I then closed the waistband over on itself and added some decorative cord.

A close up of the cord trim.
And that's pretty much it!  I quite like it, but personally I'm not skinny enough to wear it!

Definitely suits Amy :)

 So tomorrow, it's waistcoats and belt pouches!  And some kind of murder mystery kit...  Aargh!

Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Huzzah!

A very late post today, sorry!  But the good news is the second robe is done!  And looks awesome, if I do say so myself :)

Ta-daa!  24 hand stitched buttons...
It's a fairly simple looking robe and it was quite interesting to sew.  What you can't see is that it has a scarlet sleeveless lining.  It looks as though the sleeves are lined, but that's a sneaky addition I put in the cuffs.

The red piping detail is hand stitched, as were the buttons, but luckily the button holes were machined (and Katy is a star for lending me her machine when mine had a hissy fit!).

I love the piping, it really makes the robe!
The robe is straight at the front, but had three pleats in the back, so it is manoeuvrable in.

The pleats in detail (sort of...)

I love pleats, and I'm always pleasantly surprised by how awesome they look!

The rear view :D
So yeah, that's it really.  Now I'm going to go get some sleep, as by Thursday I hope to have finished a skirt, waistcoat and pair of trousers.  I think I'm mad...