Pages

Monday 10 November 2014

DI Craft Swap - Woodland Theme

I participated in my first ever craft swap!  It was so much fun I've already signed up for the next one! 

This swap is organised by the lovely Hannah who blogs at Dainty and Ivory.  Septembers theme was Woodland and as I spend a lot of time running around in the local woodland it seemed like an appropriate time to sign up!

I was sending to Gayle of Pink Robot and it was so much fun to come up with what to send!  I already read her  blog and so I knew that like me Gayle loves to sew.  So I found the sweetest woodland print fat quarter and ran up a needle book, scissor fob and pincushion.




The fob is a miniature version of the pincushion.  I used some of my new rayon embroidery thread to embroider the words on the needle case and the buttons were in my button box.  I thought they were the most perfect match!

 

For my bought gift I found a woodland themed notebook and a pack of woodland stickers.  I loved wrapping everything up and then posting it off to Gayle!

Meanwhile, wonderful Gemma from Lipstick and Lashes sent to me and she spoilt me totally!  Last week was a very rough week and my wonderful parcel was a bright spot to cheer me up!


Everything in the parcel is lovely, but I think the best bit is the kind words in the lovely notelet Gemma sent me!  That said I am wearing the gorgeous thistle necklace now (I've not really taken it off since it arrived), the tin is on my coffee table, waiting for the perfect filling to go inside it, my gorgeous hand made hedgehog (who I adore!) is on the lounge door where I can see him as I work and I am bedecked in the floral crown!


The tea light holders have gone to join my table of candle holders, the tea lights themselves long gone. Last but not least, the tartan fabric has gone to join my stash whilst I think up the perfect thing to make from it!  The possibilities are endless and I am paralysed by indecision right now...



Aren't I the luckiest person?  If you are interested in craft swaps then I really recommend popping over to Dainty and Ivory to sign up! I think the current sign up is open until the 15th. I can't wait to find out who I'm sending to next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!