Pages

Thursday 16 November 2017

A Tudor Gentleman

I don't often make elaborate men's costumes but when I get the chance, I enjoy it!

This outfit comprises of three garments that I made, a doublet, jerkin and over robe.


And here is the lovely Gentleman Gamer in his kit.  Doesn't he look dashing?


First up is his doublet, from Simplicity 4059.  I used the short version but added the sleeves, which I modified by not buttoning them up.



It's made of needlecord and lined in lining fabric.  Oh! I also added a mandarin collar!


Next up, we have a jerkin,  This is made from  he same pattern as the doublet.

 

 Aren't those pretty buttons?  I love them!  No idea what fabric this is made from I'm afraid as I dug it out of the stash to colour match the over-robe and it worked so well I ended up using it!


The over-robe is made from wool, has a fake lining of cotton and is trimmed in cotton velvet.  I loosely based it on Butterick B5626, but I drafted my own robe back and front in the end.


I had a lot of fun making all of this and I think he had as much fun wearing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!