Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

A New Evening Gown

I (very occasionally) have posh dinners to attend in London!  And I wanted a chiffon overlay dress, so I decided to make one to wear to the next dinner!


 The pattern is Simplicity 2398 and I added the chiffon skirt overlay by making an extra skirt front from chiffon then roll hemmed  it down the centre!


 Excuse all the selfies, I made this in quite a rush and failed to actually model at any point!  The bodice has a lace applique fan on it as I was attending a Fanmakers event!


This is me on our hotel room just before dinner!  I wore my hand knitted blue chunky shawl, pearls and did my hair in an enormous bun to accessorize!  An d of course I took a fan (cream lace), but I seem to have failed to get any pictures of me with the fan and dress!


And here I am at dinner with a Pikeman!  I really want to learn how to use a pike now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!