Thursday, 22 August 2013

Summer Frock

I hope you've been enjoying as much warm and sunny weather as we've had here in the South West of England this summer! 

The only complaint I've had is I don't own nearly enough summer clothes!  So I decided to fix this and I ran up a cotton summer dress.













The fabric is an embroidered cotton we picked up in The Cloth Shop, last time I was in London and it's lined with a mustardy yellow lining fabric (because that's what I had in my stash).


 As with the last time I made this dress I used Simplicity 2398, version C but modified to have version A/B straps permanently attached.

This version has a rolled hem, for no other reason than I wanted to practise playing with my rolled hem foot.  Next week I'll show you my new character kit and a skirt I ran up from stash fabric.  Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!