Pages

Monday 30 September 2013

A Hanging Pocket

So, it's birthday gift time again here!  The one I'm showing you today was made for a friend who loves beading.  And hand embroidery.  And machine embroidery!  So I went searching for a gift idea to use one of the above and managed to get inspiration to combine all three!


This is a hanging pocket, to pop bits and pieces you want handy in.  I used cotton, cotton wadding and taffeta to make it, with bias binding scraps.


The embroidery and bead work was done by hand, I sketched a quick design and then let my imagination fill n the details as I stitched.  All the beads were bought in Wales on a holiday we went on together.





To make it sturdy, the back section of the pocket is quilted with a swirly machine backing.


All in all, I am quite pleased with it!  I have a little more embroidery to show off on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!