Pages

Thursday 14 July 2016

Lounging Trousers

I had a sewing saturday a few weeks ago and I have to say I really enjoyed it.  We watched the Croods (and a load of pointless episodes) and Mr Kit did some online quizzes as I sat and cut and pinned and stitched.  I had a fair few projects I wanted to get done and then I had about an hour left at the end of the day and the urge for a quick project.

So I grabbed some t-shirting from the sash and set to this trouser project in the most cavalier fashion going (next to no measuring and pins weren't used at any point!).


They are made out of a grey t-shirting with dark grey and pink flowers on it.  The waistband is elastic and they are loosely modelled on my home made tracksuit trousers.


There are no words for how comfortable they are!  Currently they are a smidge too long (even by my standards) but as t-shirting has a nasty tendency to shrink after a few washes I'm leaving them for now.  I can always cut the hem shorter in a few weeks.


 They are going to be slob day trousers/pj bottoms for when I have guests round and don't want to be indecent when heading into the kitchen for my morning tea etc!


 They fit far better than they have a right too given that I didn't try them on at all throughout the sewing, just crossed my fingers and hoped!  They are also entirely seamed on the overlocker, just because that's the easiest way to handle t-shirting I find.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!