Pages

Thursday 5 January 2017

Green Man

When we were at the Knitting and Stitching show this year, we found a stall selling beautiful patterns for various things made with tweed.  I picked up a Green Man pattern and made this for Xanthipe.


I'm really pleased with how it turned out!  I did deviate from the pattern slightly in that I left off the flowers and I didn't use all the recommended fabrics.


Making the leaves was the trickiest part because I couldn't find a way to transfer the pattern but a paper template worked for me so it wasn't an insurmountable issue.


I wrapped the milliners wire in ribbon, mostly to make the back at pretty as the front.  It was a lovely gentle make though and I really enjoyed stitching it!

1 comment:

  1. He's up on the wall by the garden french windows ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for dropping by!