Pages

Thursday 15 March 2018

Doll Clothes!

I have a copy of a really rather lovely book, called The Dolls Dressmaker.  I'm sorry to say it's taken me many years to get around to making anything from it, but I'm so very glad I did!

This baby belongs to work and I really enjoyed making it a new wardrobe!


 I made this onsie out of blue fleece scraps and a spare zip I had.


 This top is t-shirting and the trousers are jersey weight knit fabric.  The top is fastened with velcro and the trousers have an elastic waistband.


 The nappy is probably my favourite thing!  It's linen, fastened with velcro (the pattern called for poppers, but I thought that might be too tricky for little fingers) and bound with a cotton bias binding.


The dress is cotton and trimmed with cotton lace.


I made the pinafore out of a cotton gingham and it's trimmed with cotton bias binding.

Everything was made from scraps in my stash and I had so much fun sewing all the tiny outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!