Pages

Thursday 15 November 2018

Tiny Ballet Costumes

I've made a few more outfits for my ballet school's Christmas production!


Here is Lizard, kindly modelling them for me!  She doesn't actually get to wear these on Show Day, but she's definitely enjoyed checking on my progress as I sew!


The dress is a modified version of this dress, I drafted my own sleeve pattern and added extra fabric at the sides.


It does up in a cute bow at the back and has elastic gathering the sleeves!


The shorts are this pattern and I've used buttonhole elastic for the waistbands to make them as adjustable as possible.  The original shorts I based this off have elastic gathering the short legs in, but whilst I've left a small gap in the seams in case that's a neccesity, I have currently left them ungathered as I think these look sweeter! 


In case you are wondering, Lizard is doing her best ballet moves here, hence the blurriness of all the photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!