Do you ever have days where you get loads done, but without seeming to put any more effort than normal in? I do! As well as my housework and laundry on Saturday I managed to finish a shirt, make a pair of trousers and dig out and fix and finish a gambeson I started about eighteen months ago! Admittedly I paid the price by over sleeping on Sunday, but it was totally worth it!
The shirt was for an NPC who came out to play on Sunday. Captain Hawthorne has appeared on the scene!
Please excuse the wrinkles, by the time I remembered to take photo's I'd worn the outfit, changed and it had spent the rest of the day stuffed in my bag. Bad me!
The fabric is linen and the pattern is simplicity. I actually bought the pattern for my steampunk kit, but I liked it enough that I made this shirt as well. It was a wonderful sew and I'm very much looking forward to getting round to make the steampunk one (which will be later this week if I'm lucky!).
The lace trim is a bundle I bought from my local trims stall ages ago and colour matched perfectly to the linen! I'm only sorry I don't have a better picture to show you.
The buttons were part of a present from my wonderful hubby last Easter and chosen more because they were the first pair of matching buttons I found that were the right size rather than being the 'perfect' buttons. However I do very much like them!
The trousers were made in a hurry because I realised I couldn't wear my usual black trousers or I'd look too much like Katrin usually does (I plan to use the shirt for her as well). So I turned to New Look 6005 and ran up another pair of trousers, but without the side pockets this time.
Somehow I managed to make them way too big so I had to unpick and redo all the seams several times. Still, lesson learnt for next time! These aren't as good as the black pair, but they serve their purpose and I'm sure they'll make it into kit in the future.
I'm going to save the gambeson for Thursday, as currently speaking I'm unlikely to have anything new to show by then!