Pages

Monday 24 February 2014

Angel Kit

This is actually from a while ago, but I forgot to get photos on the day (the problem of working with children, it's so easy to get caught up in their excitement).  I finally found 5 minutes to get photos though!  Please excuse the state of my house but I didn't want to wait any longer!


The dress is Simplicity 2692 and made in some cream polyester satin my mum gave me.


 As you can see I teamed it with some fairy wings (Sainsburys), some cream tights (H&M) and my wedding shoes.  I also had a beautiful tiara/hairband that I commissioned from a talented friend.





My costume was greatly admired by the children and the Christmas party was a huge success so I was really pleased!



It was a very easy sew and is lined in whatever scraps of lining I had to hand, so the inside is a bit of a mishmash.  On the plus side of things I only had to buy the zip so this really was a stash buster!


I plan to reuse this costume for any and all future Christmas parties at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!