Pages

Sunday 17 August 2014

Discworld Convention! Part One

So, I went to the Discworld Convention last weekend and it was every bit as wonderful as I'd been lead to believe.  However, this blog is all about the kit so I shall tell you about the costumes I wore rather than going on (again for most of you) about how wonderful it was (it was THE BEST!).

I have 3 new outfits to show so this will be a three post thing!

I'm starting with my Magrat dress.  Mostly because Magrat is the most well known character I cosplayed.  She's nice and simple in that her main look is flowers in her hair, a green dress and lots of occult jewellery.



Apologies for the photos - a lot of the ones I took are selfies in my hotel room mirror!


I am blessed (if you can call it such a thing) with Magrat-y hair to start with, so the addition of a fake flower wreath sorted that.  For jewellery, I borrowed a lot of it off fellow larpers (huge thank-you to anyone who lent it to me!).


The dress is an unlined green cotton affair.  The pattern is Simplicity 2359.  I lengthened it and drafted my own sleeves.   I see Magrat as a slightly droopy sleeves kind of girl, so that was what I went with.


Here's me at the actual Con (the white thing round my waist is my con badge).  The costume was admired and it's a ridiculously comfortable dress to wear, so I will totally be using this again I think!

On Thursday I'll show you what I wore to the Gala Dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!