Pages

Friday 30 September 2016

Small Bean Birthday Frock

Small Bean, incredibly, has just had another birthday.  Where does the time go?  Anyway, as promised I made her a party dress and let her choose the colour.

After much changing of her mind she settled on orange and I set to work.


I couldn't quite bring myself to make an entirely orange dress (I'm sorry Small Bean!  Next year, I'll take you shopping and you can choose all the fabrics yourself, promise!), so I added a white lace overlay tot he skirt and a white satin sash and contrast band.


The buttons are clear plastic with a floral design on them, which I felt complemented the orange but weren't washed out by it.


Who doesn't need a froufrou party frock?  Happy Birthday Small Bean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!