Pages

Thursday 25 October 2018

Vampire Ball 1883 - Valentina's Dress

Another year, another ball, another masterwork frock!  Valentina is setting the bar high for herself!


Some of you might recognise this as looking a lot like my Lady Sybil Ramkin cos play and the reason for that is it's that skirt (and a couple of the underpinnings).  I made a whole new bodice though!


 I also made a fake bustle thing, and my bag (plus the dance card, but you've seen that already!)


 This bodice is fitted to my corseted form and it's biggest feature is the huge collar!  I admit to making it slightly differently than the pattern suggested, but I really like how my channels look and I loved the added detail it gave the dress!


 I made the sleeves double puffed this time which I really liked and the bustle, for all that it was a last minute thrown together thing is one of my favourite parts as it makes my bum pad look really good!


It is a VERY swooshy dress and was an excellent dancing frock, I didn't trip over my hem even once!


You can catch a glimpse of my petticoat  as I spin, how scandalous!


I had such a wonderful night, it was amazing!  Lastly, check out this wondrous picture by the fabulously talented Jonathon Habens





Isn't it amazing?!  He's such a good photographer and very patient with awful models like me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!