Pages

Thursday 26 April 2012

A Long Time In The Making!

I started this top in January and have been far too busy ever since to finish it!  This week however has been kind so I finally managed it.

Its New Look 6677 and I originally got the pattern to make the lodger a birthday present way back when.  So now we have matching tops!  Hers is red.  So Christmas twins perhaps?






The fabric is the jersey stuff from the wrap around dress and the fake satin is remnants from the cape lining I made last autumn.  I should probably have more to say, but it's taken so long in such little dribs and drabs that I don't have a lot to say about it.  It was a fun sew and I'm reasonably happy with it.

I've also been messing around with a special fascinator and a spats prototype.  So hopefully I'll have shinies to show next week!  I am also hopeful about being able to show off one of my recent projects that I haven't shown yet.  1912 evening wear anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!