Pages

Thursday 29 October 2015

Introducing Ossia - Part 3

I didn't entirely make this cape from scratch.  Remember this?  Well, I wasn't using it for anything else, so I ripped the old lining out and put a new one in, plus made it a ribbon tie rather than clasp fastening.


As you can see, the green trim isn't an exact match for the kit, but I left it due to it being a pain to unpick from the boiled wool mostly.


The lining is now a linen-look cotton in brown polka dot.  It's a bit thicker than the previous lining and because the boiled wool is apparently still stretching I left the lining hems separate this time!


 It adds the right amount of extra warmth to the over-robe and handily also means I have a hood, though I must admit I have no idea how the hood and antlers will work together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!