Here's Goddaughter, showing off her frock after the service! It's made entirely from scraps and off cuts of her mum's wedding dress and we had a lot of fun in the design process!
It's the same nappy cover pattern as Monday's only I added a ridiculous amount of broderie anglaise. I'm sure you'll all be pleased to hear she wasn't actually baptised 'Ruffle-Bum' though...
The main dress is cotton, it has an embroidered dove on the bodice and the skirt has a wedding veil lace overlay. The buttons are from my button box and were actually from a friend's gran's button box originally. It felt right to use them so I did! The sash is satin that came from Goddaughter's great grandmother's fabric stash I believe (she comes from crafting stock!).
I used a chain stitch for all the embroidery, apart from the bird eyes which were satin stitch. I debated making them beads, but worried about the beads being uncomfortable or coming loose to I erred on the side of caution.
The bibs are backed in cream velvet (the only non-white part of the whole outfit) and trimmed with the same lace I used on the bonnet.