Pages

Friday 24 February 2012

Oopsie!

Sorry I dropped the ball for getting this post up on time.  I've spent large portions of this week spring cleaning and I always lose track of time when I'm cleaning.

Anyhow - I made a quilt last week!  On my Singer!  And I quilted it properly as well, so I'm feeling quite pleased with it, in spite of the fact there are some seriously wonky patches...


It's also the smallest quilt I've made to date and it's just right to have as a lap quilt when I'm snuggled up on the sofa.


 The fabric is a set of Cath Kidston fat quarters I got in my stocking at Christmas.  I've got a few squares left over, so I'm debating a cushion cover to go with the quilt at some point.


I've used cotton batting and backed it with a pale blue cotton.  As you can see the binding is white.  I wanted a satin binding, but I couldn't find one large enough, then I remembered I had the white cotton in my stash so I though I'd be good and use that up.

Right - must dash, this weekends guests will be here any moment.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!