Pages

Friday 31 May 2013

More Crochet!

As I said in my last post, last week was all about crochet for me.  When I got injured, the only craft I could do was crochet, as I don't have to do much more than glance at it occasionally, so the shawl I'd cast on expecting to take me a year or so grew very quickly mostly due to boredom!

My progress slowed as I was allowed to start doing more again, but then when I got the yarn bowl and I decided to try and finish the shawl.  Two days of near nonstop crochet and I decided it was big enough.


 This is it pre blocking (yes I was good and blocked!).  The pattern is Half Granny Square Shawl by Anastacia Zittel and the yarn is Sirdar Folksong Chunky.


Here it is blocking.  I'm thrilled by the size change, but waiting two days for it to dry drove me a little batty.  I'm used to snipping the last thread and putting my new thing to use!






















 Here I am modelling it (and showing it off a little) before larp on Sunday, though this is not destined for kit. 



 And here's a couple of photos of my friend being silly with it!

Have a lovely weekend!  I'll be back on Monday, with some in progress pictures of my latest kit I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!