Pages

Thursday 3 April 2014

A Birthday Gift, Finally Made!

For my bithday last year, I was given a fabric voucher.  I treated myself to some silk (of somesort) and a skirt pattern and for a long time, that was as far s it went.

Last week though, I decided to finally get around to making it up!  


Simplicity 4188

The pattern is Simplicity 4188, though I did lengthen in by 3 cm.  I also added a lace trim and a velvet ribbon to the bottom.



I love this skirt!  I love it so much!  It's the perfect combination of pretty and comfortable.  I can wear it with leggings and boots if it's cold and with sandals and bare legs if it's warm.


It was a lovely easy sew and one of the quickest garments I've made.  I added the lace to give a smidge extra length (I like my skirts long) and then the ribbon is mostly to hide the lines of stitching.  I adore how well it works!


I'm currently preparing for the first camping event of the BathLARP year and so next week I will have hotwater bottle covers to show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!