Then I considered logistics and decided I was mad. A week is not long enough to do all these things! I'd need to buy fabric, find an embroidery design, not to mention all the time needed to actually sew the dress. So I decided not to. Then, on Monday, I decided I would anyway.
Apparently, it is possible to make a linen dress with embroidery, in a week! Here's my effort.
You can just spot the embroidery in this pic! I decorated the bodice band, top of the bodice and straps with a leaf and heart design in stem stitch. I came up with the design myself, as couldn't find anything I was confident of finishing stitching in time from a design embroider company.
I have made a mash up of versions A and C, and I made the straps double thick, so I could embroider them.
The other glorious thing about this frock is definitely the fact that is has pockets! This totally made me the envy of so many other ladies at the wedding!