Pages

Thursday 12 June 2014

Ruffled Denim Skirt

I'm back!  Late for today, but one post earlier than I'd planned, so hurrah!

Today I am showing of the results of a tutorial I beta tested (if nagging your friend until she lets you have a sneak peak because you lack patience counts as beta testing anyway...).

This is an excellent way to turn a ripped pair of jeans into a really cute skirt!  You can find the tutorial here


I love this skirt!  Because the waistband is my old jeans I didn't need to worry about the fit and the rest was easy!



I did modify the pattern slightly in that I reapplied my back pockets.  I adore these pockets in my jeans so I wanted to keep them!


I also made my middle ruffle quite long (I'm pretty tall so there's a lot of me to cover!  Next time I think I might make it a bit shorter) and I added trim.


I over locked the bottom edge, then stitched the tiniest lace you ever saw onto to the top of it. I always feel that lace on top looks messy though, so I neatened it with a narrow gold ribbon.  Fun fact about the ribbon - this is the second one I stitched on as I was about 2 inches too short on the first one and I couldn't get a colour match.  Let that be a lesson to you to always measure first!



It was worth it though.  Love this skirt!

4 comments:

  1. You so win at the ruffled skirt competition (or if there was one, you would win) this is the cutest EVER. Best Tutorial Beta Tester Ever :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank-you! I very much recommend making your own :D

      Delete

Thank-you for dropping by!