Pages

Thursday 26 June 2014

Sun Hat

These days I need to keep the sun out of my eyes so I am always on the look out for hats.  Sadly I apparently have a very large head so I can rarely find any in the shops that fit.  Which has lead to me trying my hand at hat making again.

I used this tutorial which was fairly easy to follow (I did end up the  brim way larger than the crown, but that was fixable) and here's my end result.


It's not perfect, but it'll certainly do for lounging in my garden!  The outer layer is a stretch cotton, that is all the scraps from my ruffled denim skirt.


It's lined in gold/yellow linen (scraps from the wedding frock coat).


It's not amazing, but I'm happy enough.  If I make another one I shall make the brim a fraction less floppy and work harder on getting the brim and hat band to play nicely.


This was fun to make though and didn't take all that long!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I actually think it will look awesome WITH the denim skirt :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for dropping by!