Pages

Thursday 2 September 2010

Shock horror!

Another post!  I'm going to try and see if I can keep to twice a week for this blog.  An interesting challenge!

So this week I have been working on two robes, one to my own design one to a commercial pattern.  I'll post pics when they are done.  I'm about to start work on another project, but I can't say what yet, in case I give the game away.  More details on that in a few weeks!

I've also finished up some projects such as a half finished apron and I've made a purse.  The purse is likely to get a remodelling though as I've now decided I'd like to gather the lace.  So again, pics when I'm done!

I'm falling in love with all sorts of trim at the moment.  Ribbons, braiding, rick-rack, you name it I want it!  So I expect once I'm done with this batch of kit making I'll attempt some uber-girly projects for myself, anyone got any good suggestions as to what to make?

I'm also tempted to make another patchwork blanket, though I know the moment I start work on it I'll hate making it.  I can't stand sewing patchwork but I love the end result!

The first patchwork blanket I made.  It took forever!

The squares were ridiculously small on this.  However it does make a very awesome camping blanket, both IC and OOC.

Made for Amy's birthday present

Bigger squares made this a much easier sew, but the repetition of the pattern bored me to tears whilst making it...

Made for Andy's birthday present


This was fun to sew, because I laughed every time I thought about it, so it didn't bore me.  Also having a huge ready made panel in the middle was a great time saver :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!