Pages

Friday 10 January 2014

Monkeys!

A day late, but I can now get photos on the blog again, yay!  I now have a very clever little gadget that can read just about any sort of SD card so I should be safe.

Now, going back to the title of this post, I have a friend who loves monkeys.  In fact, long time readers may remember Missmass Munkey who was gifted to this very friend.  When thinking up a Christmas present for her I know she was getting a toy monkey from someone else (the joys of crafty friends!) so whilst I wanted to work on a monkey theme I knew it couldn't be a toy.

When I was at the Knitting and Stitching Show we found the most fabric, covered in monkeys!  So I made a bag.


All the monkeys!  It's a flat bag, lined in the same  fabric and all seams are bound in bias binding.  I gave it an adjustable strap, mostly so she could see how I make them and it has an inner zipped pocket.



Next week I have some oven gloves to show off and the rest of the bags I made for Christmas gifts!

2 comments:

  1. Wow... that's a very splendid bag... I bet it has an adjustable strap and everything. You must have the most prettiest talentyest amazingest friend ever to want to give them such a monkeylicious bag...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the monkey on the flap that seems to be peeking out from behind the binding. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for dropping by!