Pages

Thursday 23 October 2014

Hattie's Accessories

I showed you Hattie's dress on Monday, today I want to show her apron, capelet and muff.



 The apron is Butterick 5509 and made in a heavy woven cotton of some sort (remnant gifted to me by a friend).  I edged it in a rainbow thread using a fancy hem stitch from my machine.  I did adapt the pattern by putting an elasticated bar across the back because I didn't want the straps to slip down when I was running or waving my arms to cast spells...


The muff is to my usual pattern, using the fur I picked up at the Knitting and Stitching show.  it did a great job at keeping my hands toasty warm!


The capelet is white faux fur and purple velvet with a silver clasp.  The pattern is McCall's 4139, just the capelet from version c.  

I'm currently done with larp kit for a little while, but I am taking part in my first ever swap, so I'm busy sewing for that and I have a few other projects to consider.  Next week I will hopefully show you Small Bean's new coat (it's got a slight goth feel) and a small pouch I made for one of Hattie's most important props.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!