Pages

Monday 20 October 2014

Introducing Miss Harriet 'Hattie' Worthington

I played my new character on Sunday!  She's a fire mage, but from a very 'special' finishing school for Young Ladies of Quality.


 Hattie currently has a muff, an apron, a capelet and a renaissance style gown.  Today I'll talk about the gown, but I've added this photo to show how it all goes together.



It's McCalls 5155.  I made it in an embroidered cotton batik and trimmed it with a white sparkly cotton lace trim


 The belt is trimmed with a different white lace and tied with a purple satin ribbon. 


The elbow puffs are white lace over white cotton.


The back hangs loose and if worn without an apron it flows out behind me as I walk in a manner resembling a sack dress.


I just love the mottled purple of the fabric! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!