Thursday, 20 October 2011

A LARP Shirt

One of my more recent makes is a shirt for a friends new character for this year.  The design was supposed to be expensive but not showy.  He picked dark green linen and celtic buttons.  Finding green linen around here was a little tricky so I ordered online.  It's the first time I've bought fabric from the internet and I was very pleased, both with how quickly it came and how lovely it is.  I thoroughly recommend Herts Specialist Fabrics and I am already planning my next fabric order from them!

Taa-daa!
It's mostly hidden by armour when we're in game though, so it has ribbon added to the cuffs and collar. 

Buttons came from a shop in Exeter
Overall it was a lovely sew.  The pattern is a nice one and linen is so lovely to sew.  I then ran the inside seams through the overlocker and it was done in double quick time.  Also adds to my collection of odd sewing stories as this is the first time I've done a shirt fitting in a car park...  The things I do to have kit ready on time!

Next week I'm hoping to have a purple robe to show you and if I remember to find the photos the willi kit we made for a campaign game last summer as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!